21 November 2009

Thanks, Royal Mail

I haven't looked into the UK postal strike issues in depth, but from what I've seen the posties seem to have legitimate gripes and I would normally have some sympathy for their cause, but it's hard to muster when I receive an open, mangled, and empty envelope from my son's school. A couple years ago when I was still participating in a dvd rental-by-mail scheme, I had to stop using local post boxes because too many DVDs were never making it to the return address. Maybe it's just a Hackney thing.

1 comment:

JustJoeP said...

the US mail is not much better, and in PHX we have a massive manual sort center (scheduled to be closed at a loss of 800 jobs). Mangled, lost, inconsistent. Netflix has not gotten 2 dvds over the last 2 years, 2 others have been unreadable with mutilated envelopes. One Christmas package from the Region Never arrived last year. Then last week, we get a Victor ia Secret catalog in a USPostal envelope as it was "damaged" - ???

I think postal services globally all have difficulties / challenges / inadequacies, and over the years, I'm tending to trust their previously reliable service less and less.