20 May 2012

Cluizel Chocolate Bars

I've been looking for milk chocolate bars with less sugar and more cocoa. Just tried some Michel Cluizel bars and they are fantastic. They do single plantation dark chocolate varieties. These are really good, most in the 67% range, although I'd like to see some higher-cocoa versions (my usual dark chocolate bar is the 85% lindt or the surprisingly good 82% tesco own-brand). The Cluizel I'm most fond of though is the 50% cocoa milk-chocolate. Lindt milk chocolate is 30-31%, G&B 34%, crappier stuff much lower. Slitti does a 70% cocoa milk chocolate but I've not yet got my hands on one. At 50%, the Cluizel Mangaro Lait has a  smooth, caramel creaminess of a milk chocolate but lashings of deep cocoa richness. Highly recommended.

2 comments:

JustJoeP said...

Sounds delicious. I wonder if it can be easily found outside of Europe?

pyker said...

Not sure. They have a single shop in NYC but dunno if anyone sells online in the US.