05 January 2012

Purchasing Lift Tickets

Thursday afternoon, attempting to buy lift tickets for 4 days, fri-mon, inclusive:

"You can't buy for tomorrow, it's too early. Come back in 30 minutes."
Ok. [30 Minutes later...]

"You can't buy for four days, only 2 days at a time."
That's fine. I'd like 2-day passes, please.
"I can sell you a 2-day pass, but there's a special price for Saturday, so it's cheaper to buy Friday and Saturday separately than to use the 2-day rate."
Ok, can I do that?
"No. It's too early to buy a pass for Saturday."
So, uh....
"So you can buy just a Friday pass now for tomorrow, then, tomorrow night, come back."
Ok, that's fine, I'd like to--
"But when you come back tomorrow night, don't buy a Saturday pass, buy a discounted Saturday-Sunday pass, because that's cheaper."
Um.... can I please just give you some money now?

I blame technology.

1 comment:

JustJoeP said...

as a technologist myself, I blame bureaucracy & worker training.