10 January 2012

Mountain Food, Continued

While I definitely love skiing in the Canadian Rockies, one of the aspects the Alps win hands-down on is the quality of on-mountain food. My last post on Mountain Food had an Austrian bent, but on the past couple of trips I've been sustained by wonderful Savoyarde cuisine.

My favorite here is tartiflette. After a day in the cold and snow this is as hearty and warming a dish as you could hope for. Chunks of potato, with bacon, cooked in butter and cream and lots of reblochon, golden brown and crispy on top, served bubbling in a ceramic dish.


Predictably, the French do burgers better than the Austrians. To get properly Alpine, melt some raclette cheese onto that bacon burger.

1 comment:

JustJoeP said...

now I am Very Very hungry. Time for dinner!