17 March 2010

Guinness Is Good For You

After the most consistently cold London winter I've experienced, the weather's warmed slightly, the days are longer, and the sun's been out. At lunch this week there have been crowds of businessmen outside pubs with pints. I find this reassuring and civilized. It's a shame that most places in the US feel they can't trust people to drink outside. It's not even close to being warm, but tonight being St. Patrick's the crowds outside were larger (although it's not that big of a deal here, certainly not like it is in the states), and I even caught some live music from a pub with open windows. Yeah, it might barely be 50F out, but not many jackets being worn.

In honor of pubs and what passes for spring, here's my favorite Guinness ad. I remember seeing this in the 90s, grabbed it as an avi off someone's share as I recall. Back before videos were so accessible on the web. Guinness has had an astonishing run of memorable ads in print and vid, eh? Must be the beer.

1 comment:

JustJoeP said...

the dancing man is silly indeed. I like the recent bubble-man armies, where each bubble is a little balled-up man diving into the beer.