26 March 2011

All That Exercise

The other comments I get tend to be along the lines of "you really must be hitting the gym". I like exercising, when I have free time I tend to do more of it, but it is not at all required for weight loss nor for maintaining stable weight. I've got the data to prove it my own case. I think exercise has many virtues (keeping me the right side of sane is top of the list), but keeping me thin(ish) is not one of them. Most folks can't seem to get their heads around that. The only way for a fat guy to get and then stay less fat must be through obsessive "cardio", right?

3 comments:

zim said...

since i started working out again, i've gained weight.

must not be doing enough cardio, though it's increased an infinite amount.

pyker said...

Gaining muscle? Or is your waist expanding?

zim said...

gaining muscle, mostly.

i'm still waiting for the weather to warm to see if i shed the 4-5 lbs i put on when it got cold.