19 April 2009

Chocolates

Just had the Lindt 90% for the first time, alongside the 85%, which is my current favorite. The 90% was... surprising. The difference in taste from the 85% was almost startling. It was very smooth, not bitter, but somehow less chocolatey. Not unpleasant, but I prefer the 85% still. Worth a side-by-side again, I think. I really need them to come out with 86%, 87%, 88%, and 89%. Of course, the taste difference could have been almost entirely due to variations in the batch and beans used.

5 comments:

zim said...

have you compared the Green & Black's 85% to the Lindt 85%?

zim said...

(oops, hit submit too soon)

i've got the G&B 85% here atm and it's tasty.

pyker said...

I've not seen the G&B 85% here. Will try it if I can get it. With the milk chocolate, I find the Lindt superior to the G&B.

zim said...

we tried the Lindt's 85% last night, and both of us agree that the G&B is better.

as of yet, have been unable to locate Lindt's 90% here (no great surprise).

pyker said...

I just tried the G&B 85% with the Lindt 85%. The G&B seemed smoother and more buttery, but the Lindt had more of a pronounced cocoa taste, especially in the finish. I like them both. Think I still prefer the Lindt, though.