17 April 2011

Keen Insight & Serious Thinking from Jesse Jackson Jr

March 2011
"Let me be clear about a few things. [iPads and Kindles] are revolutionizing our country — and they will fundamentally alter how we will educate our children."

April 2011
"[the Ipad is] probably responsible for eliminating thousands of American jobs"

I can suggest some other targets if he wants to talk about destruction of wealth and jobs, but why bother? This is bafflingly daft stuff even by congressional standards of stupid.

5 comments:

zim said...

he should then agree with this:

television has eliminated thousands of jobs by allowing people to stay at home to be entertained, instead of going to theaters to be entertained by live actors.

further, most televisions are manufactured in China, whereas American stage actors are manufactured in America.

JustJoeP said...

I heard a radio story on NPR last week about how New Deal programs to support the Arts were intended to employ stage actors, who had become unemployed with the advent of moving pictures, and to ease the transition to the "new technology".

Dinosaurs who resist technology's advancements will become extinct more rapidly than those who embrace it. I still like my books... when I can turn on my electronic book during take offs and landings, I'll consider getting one =)

pyker said...

I like books, too. I use both physical and ebooks. I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

JustJoeP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

No hobgoblins for Jesse.