14 March 2009

Week In Austria

Just spent a week skiing. Badly. But lots of fun. There are some things I only enjoy if I can do them well, and others I enjoy regardless of how unskilled I am. Skiing falls into the latter category. I think I may be trending to the latter category for almost any activity as I age, but we'll see.

I was entirely offline all week and watched virtually no news. Some of the guys I was with watched the news daily. Nothing they mentioned as being Big News was of any consequence or relevance to any of us. That's a tip-off that watching TV news, especially non-local news, is pretty much a huge waste of time (and angst-inducing, as Gavin De Becker has pointed out).

Now that I'm back, my mac email has stopped working. Apple's turned a [mostly useless, but nonetheless] functional but massively overpriced .mac service into a non-functioning yet still massively overpriced debacle that is "mobile me". Progress of the microsoftian strain. Apple is supposed to reduce the amount of mediocrity in the realm of technology, not increase it. What a joke.

2 comments:

JustJoeP said...

"trending to the latter category for almost any activity as I age" - including proselytizing? =)

pyker said...

As in, I enjoy it even though I'm unskilled at it?