01 October 2008

House Republicans Have Got Your Bailout Right Here

Is this a joke?? Seriously, they are taking the piss, aren't they? I admit I'm no expert, and I clearly must not be as smart as House Republicans, because I fail to see how any of this will help recapitalize the finance industry, nor do I see how this addresses so-called "main street" concerns, with the exception of the hand-waving over executive pay. A raft of corporate tax cuts?? Cap gains tax cuts?? Re-privatizing fannie mae?? (Part of the problem was that fannie and freddie were ever privatized in the first place -- i.e. they were only de-privatized recently, and we could have avoided at least a little bit of the current mess if they'd never been privatized at all.) And "stabilize the dollar"?? Really, I have no idea what they're getting at there.

No comments: