- a couple of beef short ribs
- a slab of beef (chuck, maybe)
- a smallish piece of pork belly that I'd cured for a week using the maple bacon cure from Ruhlman & Polcyn's Charcuterie
- the 3 ribs I'd trimmed off the pork belly prior to curing it
- 2 duck breasts and 2 goose breasts, cured using the "duck breast ham" cure from Charcuterie
All turned out well so far. The duck breast was the surprise hit -- had some warm and it was excellent. Supposedly it's better chilled and thinly sliced, so we'll see. The bacon needs to be chilled, then sliced, then fried, so verdict on that yet to come. The beef was really good. Getting closer to tackling a whole brisket.
|duck, duck, goose [goose]|
|oh yeah, the beef! & a sweet potato I threw in there the last hour after pre-heating for a couple minutes in the microwave|