08 February 2012

The Social Network

Finally watched The Social Network the other night. Heartily recommended! Snappy dialogue that's not dumb, fantastic acting all around, and nicely filmed. Just a well-crafted exercise all around. It's fictionalized, stylized, alphabetized. Just enjoy it like a high-budget techie edition of Sports Night or something, rather than expecting it to be a documentary. There are enough facts to hang the structure off of and give it a little extra weight, but veracity is not crucial to its success. It's just a good movie.

I've read some comments along the lines of "I hate facebook so I won't see it". I'm not sure what the relevance of that is to the movie. I hate getting eaten by wolves but I still enjoyed The Grey [it's still not about the wolves].

Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield and Armie Hammer were all outstanding. And Justin Timberlake! His performance was astonishingly good, what a pleasure.

No comments: