16 April 2010

First Dentist Visit Since The 90s

Been a while. Maybe 12 years. No cavities, no problems. I attribute my overall cavity-free streak to my gum-chewing habit. I have no evidence for that. The hygienist put a big hurt on me. Have to go back for a followup scraping session, too. Ouch. I will be upgrading my toothbrush to a sonicare. Yes, yes, and flossing.

Overall I'm having a hard time buying the every 6-12 month schedule the dentist recommends given the observed success of my once-a-decade scheme.

1 comment:

JustJoeP said...

hey have dentists in Britain? =) I kid you...

I've had extensive discussions with 2 dentists over the last decade, on a once a year basis (one in SC and one in AZ) wherein they each independently have stated, that if given the choice between flossing, or brushing at lunch, to go with flossing.

Eat enough bacon, and you need to floss to get rid of residual strands.

Good genetics may be helping you as well.