31 August 2009

Workout Differentiation

Finally getting some running fitness back, after peaking two years ago and having most of 2008 off. I'm just now getting to the point of differentiation in my workouts. At first, everything is slow and short. Then, as I get better, everything turns into a tempo workout. The trick is to be able to get enough speed that I can actually do a longer, slower workout. I've gotten a few intervals workouts in and that makes all the difference. Now I changeup between intervals, long & slow, and tempo runs, and I just barely have enough fitness and pace to make these meaningful. The problem on the long & slow days is not just turning it into a tempo run if I'm feeling good 15 minutes in.

Next goal: get back under my personal best for 10k by the end of the year.

2 comments:

zim said...

what's your 10k PR? or do you intend to post relative numbers only?

pyker said...

47:30